Friday, February 1, 2013

TGIF

I am so glad it’s Friday.  I still have half a day to get through, but at least the end is in sight.  It’s almost like passing the finish line but you know you still have to circle back around and do another 2 or 3 miles.  So. Close.  Yet, so far away. 
Anywho, what are the plans for this weekend?  Well, I’ve got a 16-mile bridge run date in Clearwater with Sarah and a few others tomorrow and a 50 or so miles bike ride out in the nearest “hilly” location of San Antonio.  Should be fun, fun, fun.  Weather is going to be awesome, mid-50’s to 70’s.  This morning was not so pleasant weather-wise.  I went out with Aaron and John at Davis Island and did a mini-duathlon: 1 mile run, 19 mile bike ride, and a 2 mile run.  Not sure of the pace on the first mile because I didn’t have my watch on yet.  But, the bike ride was around 21 mph average pace and the 2nd run was a 7:45 mile and a 7:35 mile.  I couldn’t feel my toes, but my pace was darn good!
Another accomplishment, I finished 2 of 6 months of my training plan for Vineman.  YAY!
In other news, I have been using the my Brooks PureFlow shoes for my longer runs because they have a little more support than my other favorite shoes, the K-Swiss Kwicky Blade Light.  I wanted to do a little review on the Brooks PureFlow2 because I was able to get my hands on a pair a couple of weeks ago.  They are awesome.  What I like about the PureFlow are the stability, cushion, and fit.  What I didn’t like was that the tongue moved to the far left (on the left shoe) and the far right (on the right shoe) when I ran and that there are no drainage holes (like all of their shoes).  The PureFlow2 kept all the things I like and fixed the issue with the sliding tongue.  The new tongue is just an extension of the upper on one side and separates from the rest of the upper on the other side. Other new features are: the awesome color schemes they offer - bright pink with black accents and black with a neon green sole, and the shoes are a little lighter coming in at 7.2oz.  My hope for the next upgrade will be drainage holes.  I sweat a lot and in the summer time, well pretty much spring, summer, and fall time here in Florida, and I pour a lot of water on myself so my socks and shoes are always soaked by the end of my runs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment