Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Run the Connector 5K 2013 Recap

The Port of Tampa put on a race to commemorate the opening of the I-4 connection to the Lee Roy Selmon Expressway.  I did this race because it's kind of a once in a life time thing... running on a major interstate with no cars before it has been opened to the public.  I did the race with friends from the Box Factory where I live.



I went in to have a good time but my Box Factory friends were putting a lot of pressure to "represent" the Box.  So, I did what I could.  I finished 3rd O/A female with a time of 20:16!  I definitely was not expecting that.  This course was hard too.  I thought just the on-ramp would be challenging but thought "at least it's downhill to the finish".  I was tricked!  The whole thing was up and down and the only straight parts were on a bend.  I was definitely muscling though it after mile 2.  I could feel my legs and chest burning.  I felt like I had run a marathon afterward.  Literally.  My legs hurt and I was waddling down the stairs.

Fun times!  

No comments:

Post a Comment