Thursday, November 20, 2014

Oh, The Irony!

Not sure if any of you remember my post on getting better at swimming.  If you don't remember or you don't know what I'm talking about, you can check it out here.  There's some good tips in there. It's kind of funny that I put so much time and effort into getting better at swimming, specifically for IMFL.  It turns out that 2014 just wasn't my year to swim.  I signed up for the Hurricane Man 2.4 mile swim earlier in the year and it got cancelled; I signed up for the Daquiri Tropical Splash 5K in early October and it was almost cancelled but got cut to a 2.5K instead; and IMFL was cancelled.  WTH!?

The good news is, my coach and I have agreed that I will be spending less time on getting better at swimming and more focus will be spent on maintenance.  So, now I will have more time and energy to work on biking and running, which I wanted in the first place.  But, I'm paying someone else to tell me what I need, not to give in to what I want.  We'll see if next year I am able to hold onto my swim and maybe get a little better, but really improve on the bike and run.

Sweet Bike!

Yay! Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment