Thursday, December 4, 2014

Bike 'Til You Barf, Swim Like a Fish...For Once

Yesterday I had an hour bike trainer session and a 6 mile run.  The bike trainer session had a main set of (1' RPE 9, 1' RPE 5) X 10, then a 2nd main set of (1' RPE 10, 1' RPE 5) X 5.  I felt great during my 20 minute warmup - 10' easy, 10' RPE 7.  I even felt ok for the first 3 or 4 sets of the 1st main set.  But, after the 4th one, this was me:

 

Every time the one minute hard was done, when I sat up, I really thought I was going to fall over or throw up.  Thankfully I held it together.  I had to cut the last two sets of the main set a little short - by like 10 seconds.  I just couldn't hang on.  When I got done, I put on my running shoes and headed out the door with Daniel.  It was an easy run and I tried to keep my HR in check, but it was still handing around mid 170's with a 8:30 - 9:00 min/mi pace.  Meh...  My spirits were boosted with today's TT swim though.  MS 1 - 400 all out, MS 2 - 200 all out.

I did take a 20 minute nap before hand, had 1 non-caffeine gu gel and a scoop of this:


The flavor is good and I like that there is no crazy tingly feeling.  I like the effects that I get from it.  I do not like the smell.  Straight out of the container, it smells funny.  I can't put my finger on what it is.  Thankfully it doesn't smell after it's mixed with water.

So, swim times:
400m - 6:05
200m - 2:54
Boom!

I'm pretty excited with these times.  1:30 is my current fast pace for 100m.  So, I came very close to this on the 400 and beat it on the 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment