Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Vegas Highlights

It’s hard to believe I’ve already been home from Vegas for almost a week now. As promised, here are some of the non-running highlights from the trip.

Food! To be honest, I was not as impressed with the food in Vegas as I thought I would be. However, there were two stand outs, both of which were breakfast food and neither of which I actually ordered for myself.

203
Balsamic Strawberry Waffles from Serendipty 3. Cesar ordered these the morning of our marathon, so I only had a couple of bites, but I would have loved to have eaten the whole plate.

217
Andy's sage fried chicken w/ fresh spinach, hardwood smoked bacon, market tomato, griddled mozzarella, chipotle cream and scrambled eggs from Hash House a Go Go. This work of culinary art was featured on Man V. Food. I’m not sure whether or not Adam Richman was able to conquer this beast, but here’s the damage Cesar and I did.

219
I am pretty sure if you dipped cardboard in that chipotle cream, it would still make your top ten list of best things you have ever eaten.

The Sights

bellagio christmas collage
The Christmas display at the Bellagio was amazing. The polar bears were made entirely of flowers, and there was a village constructed from chocolate, cereal, and candy. I was completely in awe of the level of detail that went into creating it.

wynn flower collage
The flowers at the Wynn were so gorgeous. I can just imagine some beautiful weddings take place there.

Of course, the real highlight of the trip was spending time with my husband and some good friends.

175   IMG_0288
Oh yeah, and I saw Daniel propose to Maria, and it was awesome! I am so happy for both of them and I’m thrilled that I got to witness such a special moment in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment