Wednesday, September 19, 2012

(Mis)Adventures in Training - Dragonflies and Frogs

I recently posted about running over a squirrel on during a bike ride.  That was quite an event for me.  I’ve managed to miss them with my car thousands of times, but apparently I’m not quick enough to miss them on my bike when they run out in front of me. 
This past weekend I guess nature decided that I should have tried harder to miss the squirrel and my good deed of saving the baby turtle wasn’t enough to make up for it.  At about mile 50 of this past weekend’s bike ride, I got hit in the right eye by a dragonfly.  I wish I would have had sunglasses on.  But, I started before the sun came up and didn’t even think about bringing them.  Lesson learned I guess.  It hurt so bad and I wasn't even going that fast because I was slowing down to take a slight turn.  It felt like someone threw a hackey sack at me. 

On a better note.  I saved a baby tree frog this morning in the gym.  I almost stepped on it.  It had some dust fuzz on his butt so I couldn’t tell what it was at first until it started hopping.  I managed to pick it up and take it outside to a little patch of grass.  Surprisingly it was a lot easier to catch than a lizard.  Man those things are slick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment