Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Morning Glory

There's a saying that things/events usually happen in sets of 3.  Sometimes they're good things, sometimes they're bad.  This morning they were good. 

1) I saved a little tree frog.  It was sooo cute.  Pretty much looked just like this:


I almost stepped on it walking through the gym.  I was able to pick it up and take it outside. 

2) I had a good tempo run:

10 min w/u on elliptical
5 min w/u jog @ 7.0 (8:34 min/mi)
6 miles @ 8.2 (7:18 min/mi)
10 min c/d jog @ 7.0 (8:34 min/mi)
5 min walk @ 3.5
Total time - 1:05
Total distance - 7.90 miles (not including the elliptical)

3) Sarah sent me some links to easy recipes with quinoa.  I have never had quinoa before and I had no idea how to use it, but heard a lot of good things about it.  So, I made Hot Banana Breakfast Quinoa from using the instructions from here - www.thewannabechef.com.  I am happy to say that 1) it was easy.  Less than 8 minutes including the 3 minutes to heat everything up in the microwave.  And, 2) it was yummy.  I need to add some more sweetener to it, but it was still tasty without it.  I am very excited about this because I was getting sick of my low carb wrap with veggie cream cheese and egg beaters for breakfast.  It was either that or a protein shake from the gym on the mornings that I swam.  Thanks Sarah for sending me the links!

No comments:

Post a Comment