Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rolling With the Punches

Most, if not all, workout enthusiasts would agree with the saying “I’ve never regretted a workout, but I’ve regretted missing a workout”.  I don’t know about you, but unless my body is telling me to take a break, I get so bent out of shape if I miss a workout.  Yesterday I missed a spin class but was able to make up for it a little by getting in my strength training.  This morning I got up at 5 AM to go for a swim.  Let me tell you how much I LOOOVE waking up at 5 AM and swimming (sarcasm).  I made it to the gym around 5:30, walked inside and the pool is closed!  I couldn’t even go to the other gym by work because that one is closed too.  I don’t know what is going on with the pools, but they’re all murky.  The girl at the counter said they are waiting on a new pump and didn’t know when the pool would re-open.  FANTASTIC!  It was too late to make the spin class at any of the gyms.  I went back home and went into the bathroom and there was a not-so-nice surprise on the bathroom rug from my dog, Suggs.  It was gross and stinky.  After cleaning it up and throwing the rug in the washer, I was able to fall back asleep for about 30 minutes.  I couldn’t even sleep longer because I needed to wash my hair.  This is when using the trick of not washing my hair the night before backfires on me L.  Needless to say I’m not a very happy camper at this point and it’s only 7AM.  I’ve calmed myself down about missing the spin and swim sessions.  Now I’m anxiously awaiting the phone call to let me know that my bike tune-up is all done and I can come get my bike.  If I’m not able to get it today, then I will miss tomorrow morning’s weekly speed work at Davis Island.  Or I will have to re-arrange my schedule again and maybe do it Thursday morning.  I can’t wait for this week to be over.  Until then I’m just going to roll with the punches and hope nothing else derails my training for this week. 

How do you feel when you miss a workout?  How do you deal?                    

No comments:

Post a Comment