Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Painstorm!

My sister Mindy, and more recently my sister Miranda, have become CrossFit addicts. The other day, they were talking about a WOD that had really pushed them. The workout was called Painstorm, and between the crazy name and not wanting to be left out of the sister workout chatter, I decided to give it a shot today and see if I thought it was as awesome as they both did.

painstorm

The verdict? It’s definitely a great, challenging full body workout. While I can’t see myself giving up my running or the style of lifting I have developed with my trainers to start exclusively doing CrossFit, I do enjoy throwing in a CrossFit-type day every other week or so as a replacement for my regular strength training routine. The fast pace and constantly changing exercises keep both my mind and body engaged, and I like that most of the workouts can be completed within about 30 minutes.

After the gym, I had some grocery shopping to do, and since I wasn’t coming directly home to eat, I tossed a sample packet of MyoFusion Probiotic Cookies and Cream protein powder into my gym bag. I’m sort of picky about the taste of my protein powders, and I didn’t have high hopes for this one since I was not a huge fan of the old line of MyoFusion protein powders. However, I ended up being pleasantly surprised. It was sweet, but not overly sweet, it mixed easily with ice and water in my shaker bottle, and the tiny cookie pieces made me feel like I was having a more decadent treat than just a simple protein shake. The nutrition info isn’t too bad either. Normally I would choose something with fewer calories and carbs per serving (MRM All-Natural Whey and Dymatize Iso 100 are two of my favorites), but I can see myself buying this in the future for a once-in-a-while treat.

myofusion probiotic nutrition
Nutrition from Netrition.com

Time to clean up the mess from dinner and settle in to watch some college basketball. Go Duke!!

No comments:

Post a Comment