Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Taking It Easy Before Vegas

Few more days to Vegas.  I'm getting more excited every minute.  I still don't really know what I'm going to pack.  I think that it'll be a good race.  It'll be interesting to see what it's like to run in dry, cold weather.  I've run at night before so I know that I can have a fairly big meal at breakfast and then just need to snack the rest of the day until the race. 

I made it to the gym yesterday and got in a 4 mile run with 2 miles being 1 mile repeats at 6:30.  I wasn't sure how that run was going to go, but I finished dripping with sweat at the end of 32 minutes.  I did some weights afterward focusing on back and biceps.  I felt cramped up the entire time, though.  But, I made it through and did a light stretch afterward. 

I went for my second swim since B2B this morning.  It went well.  I felt good when I woke up which is always a good start when I'm on my way to swim.  I could definitely tell that it's been a while though because I got water in my ears during the first lap and probably about another 10 times by the time I finished.  Here's what I did:

warm up:
  • 5 X 50 with swim fins
  • 5 X 50 with board - 3 laps kick, 2 laps - pull right arm down, pull left arm back
  • 5 X 50 with pull buoy
main set:
  • 5 X 50 - 25 easy, 25 fast
  • 5 X 100 - med-hard pace
cool down:
  • 2 X 50 - 25 breast stroke, 25 back stroke
It wasn't a lot but it was a nice ease back into things.  I got to use my new Garmin 910XT too.  I think I'm in love with it.  It tracks your distance in the pool and it was right on the entire time.  I'm sure it's not always, 100% of the time, going to be accurate.  But, if it can get through 30 laps and it measures the whole thing exactly, I'll take it.  When you set the watch to 'lap swimming' it measures how far you go by the strokes you take.  Pretty cool. 

I am finally not tired and I have about 2 hours of free time right now.  I am going to use this time to get started on creating my training plan for Vineman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment