Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sweet Tooth Saturday – Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Blondies

I was a blondie virgin until this weekend, and now the only question floating around in my mind is, “Why? Why did I wait so long??” Like everyone else in the universe, I have a surplus of Halloween candy, and I wanted to do something other than mindlessly stuff my face with it. Enter these Peanut Butter Blondies from Brown Eyed Baker.  Peanut butter, peanut butter chips, peanuts, and Reese’s pieces all together in one decadent treat….a peanut butter lover’s dream come true!

Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Blondies
I made exactly three minor modifications to the original recipe - creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy, replaced 1/2 cup of brown sugar with sucanat, and added the Reese’s Pieces - so if you have any interest in making these (and you really should want to make these RIGHT NOW), head over here to get the recipe.


In case I hadn’t made it abundantly clear yet, I loved these blondies. They were easy to make, the ingredients are things that I typically have on hand, I had fun playing around with the design of the candy on top, and most importantly, they are rich and moist and packed with so many variations of peanut butter yumminess. However, Cesar says they could stand to be even richer, so next time I make them, I plan on chopping up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and adding those to the batter as well as making the Reese Pieces chevron pattern solid. More candy = richer, right? And how much more festive will they look with more color on top?

6
I learned two interesting(?) things about Reese’s Pieces while making these. #1 – When the Reese’s Pieces get really hot, they have the tendency to crack and pop open, and they sound a lot like the sound Rice Krispies make when you add milk to them. #2 - The colors are not even remotely evenly distributed in the mini Halloween packs. Apparently people don’t like brown pieces very much?


I’m about to curl up with two pugs and watch The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I love Judi Dench, so I have high hopes for the movie. I hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment