Thursday, October 4, 2012

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Fall is easily my favorite season. Although I miss the crisp fall air and beautiful colors of the leaves changing that I enjoyed when I lived in the Midwest, I’m still crazy about so many other aspects of autumn – race season starts here in Florida, there are new tv shows to watch again, and most of all, I love all the flavors of the season. Squash, apples, pumpkin, pears, and root vegetables all rank among my favorite foods. Tonight after eating a delicious brie, peach, and grilled chicken sandwich for dinner, I still had a hankering for something sweet and I was feeling a fall vibe, so I threw together a quick crustless pumpkin pie.

pumpkin2


Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Makes 4 Servings

15 oz pumpkin
3/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
6 packets of Truvia
1 tablespoon of Ideal Brown Sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of maple syrup (I used Walden Farms Sugar Free Pancake Syrup)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp of Ginger
1/8 tsp of Nutmeg
1/4 cup Torani Cinnamon sugar free syrup, optional (if you don’t want to use this, increase the almond milk by ¼ cup)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray four ramekins with nonstick baking spray.
Blend all ingredients with a food processor or an immersion blender.
Pour batter into prepared ramekins. Bake about 35 - 40 minutes, or until firm.
Let cool.

Calories: 73
Fat: 1g
Carbohydrates: 10g
Protein: 8g
Calculated on Sparkrecipes.com

I love making this; it’s easy, it’s healthy, and I’ve found that it’s a great pre-workout snack. However, since it was my dessert tonight, a little bit of whipped cream was pretty much mandatory. I was in pumpkin pie heaven!

pumpkin pie 3






No comments:

Post a Comment