Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Practicing Gratitude & Simple Pleasures

I have a Type A personality. I’m very goal oriented, I’m always thinking about the next thing on my to-do list, and I have a hard time relaxing. This has served me well in many areas of my life, but lately I’ve realized that being so rigid and focused all the time also causes me a lot of unnecessary stress. I’ve been consciously working on reducing my stress level, and one of the techniques I’ve employed is practicing gratitude. Knowing that I have less than a year left here in Tampa before we move to Cleveland for my husband’s fellowship has made me recognize the importance of being present in each moment, and taking note of both the large and small things that make me happy helps me to focus on the here and now.

So, what has been making me smile lately?

This candle.
source
It smells fantastic without being overpowering, and I love the soft crackling sound the wick makes as it burns. It’s perfect for the slightly cooler fall evenings we are finally enjoying in Florida.

Planters Brittle Nut Medley. Sadly, this stuff only seems to be available during the holidays. After discovering how much I loved it last year, I bought the last four containers at my Target, and I’ve been slowly eating them all year. I finally felt like it was close enough to Christmas for it to be safe to break into my last canister. This is by no means a healthy trail mix, but it is delicious, and I treat myself to a little handful each night.


Peanut Butter. ‘Nuff said.

Funny Thanks Ecard: Dear Peanut Butter, Thank you for existing.
source

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is back with new episodes! To say this show is inappropriate is putting it mildly, but it makes me laugh so very much.



The Las Vegas Rock’n’Roll Marathon posted a picture of the finisher medal on its Facebook page. It glows in the dark! I can’t wait to earn this one.

76223_10151149833867739_1770171569_n

Time to get some rest; I’m training back and biceps with my trainers tomorrow, and I am sure they will put me through the ringer!

No comments:

Post a Comment