Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Withdrawal or Boredom?

This morning started off well enough.  But, around 9:00 AM, coincidentally the same time that I got to work, I became very grumpy.  It was gray and raining off and on all day.  I don’t know if it was the weather or the ‘withdrawal’ of my high from this past weekend.  Could have been a little bit of both.  I have heard of people being a little depressed after a big race or at the end of a racing season.  But, I’m just in the beginning of my racing season.  I should not be having any sad moments.  I’ve been thinking about it all day.  I’ve come to the conclusion that, for me and my situation right now, I am not depressed about a big race weekend being over.  My BIG race is in 2.5 weeks.  I have the next 6 months where I have at least one race every month to look forward to; I am not sad that Augusta is over.  I think I was grumpy at work today because work is soooo boring compared to training and racing.  It’s boring compared to traveling and spending times with friends and family even if that means just sitting on the couch and watching TV.  It’s boring compared to thinking about and eating food.  It’s boring compared to sleeping.  I found myself yawning or dozing off every hour starting from the moment I sat down at my desk today.  Thankfully this doesn’t happen every day where it’s all day.  But, it does happen at least once at some point during the day, every day.  I know some people love their job.  I am not one of those people.  My job is tolerable and it certainly helps to pay for those things that I think about more than work when I’m at work.  I hope I get over this soon, though. 

 

On a more exciting note.  This weekend is my last long training weekend.  YAY!  I’m looking forward to the taper period and hope to rest my body well enough to bring everything I have to the Beach 2 Battleship race.       

No comments:

Post a Comment