Monday, October 29, 2012

I Must Be Crazy

Last Monday night Rose gave me a call and said that she was contemplating doing the Vineman Full Distance in California.  Sonoma County specifically.  This has been a race that has been on my to-do list and I actually asked Rose and another friend, Sandy, last year to do the race with me this year.  It didn't work out then.  But, that's ok.  I got to do Beach 2 Battleship which was an excellent first full distance race to do.  I wasn't planning on doing any full distance races next year.  But, Vineman has a special of buy 1 entry, get the 2nd half off.  So, the entry fee would come out to about $281.  Super cheap for a full distance triathlon.  Rose will have a definitive answer by the end of the month.  At first I didn't think much of it.  But, as it gets closer to the end of the month, I keep hoping that she will decide to do Vineman.  I loved California and would love to go back.  I already got the ok from Daniel.  I'm already shopping around for training plans too.  Also, it would work out better because I was planning to do Vineman in 2014, but it is going to be around the same time as the World Cup and Daniel has already forewarned me not to plan anything in the summer time of 2014 (which I obviously had forgotten about since I was planning on doing Vineman then... ooops!).  Oh, and next year I turn 30.  My birthday is 6 days before the triathlon.  So, it would be a nice birthday present to go out to California again and race! 

I must be crazy, right?  It's barely a week after my first full tri and I'm already itching for the next one.    

No comments:

Post a Comment